In the world of E-commerce, Logos, and Brands, sometimes, are interchangeably used but Logo can’t be ascertained as your Brand. A brand is undeniably something more than a Logo. Instead, it can be said that having a Logo for your Business is the part of Branding.
A brand is the entrusted on the quality you offer to your customers. It’s the value added to your products. It’s the identity and personality of your product that you are representing in the market. It’s a mode of communication through which a customer can directly connect itself with the product which further on builds an emotional connectivity.
Whereas, Logo is the recognition of the Business through the medium of Visual Symbol or Picture.
|Meaning||A logo is the identification mark of the business through the form of a symbol or a mark.||A brand is an experience which a customer emotionally recognizes at various levels of his interaction with the product.|
|Progression||A logo is designed before a Brand is launched in Market.||The process of Branding will begin after the Logo is designed.|
|What it is?||It’s the visual or graphic representation of your Business.||It’s an experience when a customer comes in contact with the business or its products.|
|Examples||1. Google: A colorful emblem texted in Google
2. Nike: A Tick
3. Olympics: Five Overlapping Circles (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, and Black)
|1. Apple: A Brand for Technology Related Products
2. Starbucks: A Brand for Coffee
3. Gillette: A brand men’s razors
Many businessmen fail to comprehend the distinction between the two, and henceforth, fail to imply the advantages of branding in the business. This leads to the lack of understanding the exact potential of what a business can do after it has been labeled with a brand.
A brand happens to become your personality which carries your business as a unique entity which implies to the fact that Brand is held more responsible than a Logo for a Business’s Success.
How to Determine a Good Brand Name for your Business?
A Brand is visually laid but it is the perception of customers’ minds which is formed by multiple experiences. Therefore, it’s crucial for the Brand Designer to lay the basic foundation of the Brand as the first impression happens to be very influential towards the overall perception. Brand should be consistent with time and with the evolution of new policies. It should follow one plan and continue enduringly with its strategies.
So, how to determine a good brand name? Here are some tips you can follow that will help you determine a good name.
- You should be very clear with what your brand name should mean and represent the market. A self-descriptive brand name solves many purposes like marketing, motive, attracting the target audience and so on.
- You need to determine that what kind of name you want. It might be based on the founder’s name or on what services you provide. It might be descriptive or dependent upon what base your business idea has emerged.
- Brand Strategy is the foundation of determining the brand name for your business. The factors that we should keep in mind while planning out the brand strategy should be: What your brand wants to accomplish, what services it will provide and what are its strengths and edges over the other brands.
- Keep a variety of options on your list. Take expert’s advice and survey the market that which name can be the most unique and catchy to hear amongst all.
- Your brand name is your personality, so, while you choose a name you should be sure about the fact that it will clearly convey your brand personality to your prospective customers.
After you finally select a brand name for your Business, be sure that it can’t be harmed or manipulated by the competitors in any way. For this, you should get yourself a cease-and-deceit letter from the court which will lawfully assign you to use the Brand Name you have chosen.
After your brand name is finalized, go ahead with the process of creating your corporate identity and then market it with your full potential. Interact with your customers and convey them your brand name, brand personality and brand motive.
Importance of Branding:
- Branding gives an improved recognition to your business. Logo undoubtedly gives a visual interpretation to your business which somewhat acts as the identity but Brand builds a space for itself in a customer’s mind.
- Branding is important because its main agenda is to create differentiation in the minds of customers so as to increase the market value of your business. Also, it defines your true relationship with the customers which is required to be developed and nourished.
- Branding supports advertising. Through multiple advertisement campaigns, a foundation for your brand can be laid, a perception can be developed in a customer’s mind which can build a unique impact.
- Branding is the key to Customer’s Loyalty as it’s the direct mode of interaction with your customers. It can be said that it assures its reliability and convinces the customers of its well-being.