A picture has always been a fascinating medium of communicating the information and emotions. Therefore, it is rightly compared to a million words. And when the importance of photography is to be explained in the context of e-commerce portals, it increases manifold. E-commerce business is dependent on content and photography of the products and the services which are displayed on the site.
Modus of Operandi
Product photography is the best channel for sales promotion on e-commerce portals, which are different from bricks and Mortar shopping houses. It is usually said that since many a time, people are not able to explain well in words so the post pictures about the same, which are more expressive and informative.
E-Commerce portals are unlike physical stores where customers go, pick up and check the product, they are interested in, before making the actual purchase. On e-commerce portals, chatbots and the photographs act as sales executives.
Professionally done product photography shoot is the best way to present the quality of the product along with the looks and utility it can serve, description.
High-quality pictures of the product with a great background and various other special technical effects can create the desired impact on the prospective buyers, replacing their five senses which they use before indulging into any purchase.
The main aim of product photography
Since every online retailer aims to showcase their products from various aspects to the potential customers, who may be ignorant about the actual looks, it is essential to post product images from various angles on your website. These photographs help to decide in favor of clicking ‘add to basket’ button on the portal.
Today’s consumers are internet savvy who knows how to see the information about the product and where on the web portals. Only after a thorough check, they decide on the purchase. So it is very important to keep a close check on types of images posted on the internet. Not only the images but people also view online reviews, and social shares of expensive products so wrong, misleading or low-grade grade photographs of the products can lead to no sales at all besides bringing an ill-name to the brand.
Good images created by professional product photography studios can help the e-commerce retailer to cut down the noise created on the internet and add value and trustworthiness to their brand and products.
High-quality photographs are authoritative themselves
Good photographs of the product by brand, enabling sharp distinction from the competitors. When a common buyer is confused between two identical products with the almost similar price tag on two different websites, they prefer to go with the product which is placed on the portal with crisp, clear and sharper images. High-quality images catch the buyer’s imagination and fascination instantly, ultimately converting sales.
It is human nature, since time immemorial, that looks have a long-lasting impact on human psychology. This means good photographs are largely responsible for creating good clientele that would stay loyal to the brand as long as they get the same quality products as shown in the images on the brand’s portal.
This necessity makes it mandatory to get the product photograph done through well-established product photography studios who arrange shoots either on their location ( studio) or at the retailer’s workplace.
Few points should be kept while getting the product photography done for E-Commerce portal such as
1) Keep the images simply because the sleekest, fluidic, and minimal is the usage of background for the product photography, the stronger would be the statement created by the product itself.
2) Clear out the clutter in the imagery and focus only on the product. This would create a good brand image in the eyes of prospective clients.
3) Make sure that the images have an appropriate background because the relevance between the two is quite important. Moreover, a consistent backdrop enables the viewers to focus more on the product. For lifestyle images, this consistency is even more important because customers feel connected with the items that have empathy and recognition with their ordinary lifestyle.
4) Also, keep in mind the mode and the design of your website. Try finding out answers to the questions like; will the photoshoot be more appealing in the landscape, portrait, or square images. Or should the text be alongside or on the top of the image, etc.?
In the real world, the designer is given the library of quality product images at the start of their project, which helps them to shape the design around it. This is quite a smart move to create great product photography designs for e-commerce portal that can convince and convert into sales, which is the primary motive of online businesses.
5) Always use high-resolution photography as much as possible with low bandwidth because it will take less time for the page to load, which is quite necessary to keep the clients hooked. If the page will take too much time to load, chances increase hat the buyers will move to the next product or website.
Also, the high-resolution resolution pictures pixel does not get blurred on zooming, which is done by most of the buyers. So, try avoiding poor quality resolution if the photograph is for online selling purpose.
Outsource image clicking and editing
If possible, use the expert services of product photographers, as they can do justice to the photography shoot applying various technical specializations.
Get the services outsourced for image editing too, which is very necessary to create the desired look of the image. However good and high-resolution resolution the picture might have been clicked, but some editing is always required before posting the pictures for commercial purpose. Hire the services of in-house image editors or get them to outsource because if the products’ pictures for e-commerce portals would be of low grade, no clients will patronize with the site.